Te Manawa Services provides a 15-week programme for young people aged 8 to 18 years and their parent/caregiver(s). The programme provides individual counselling support to help young people to deal with any issues of anger, bullying or abuse. Parents/caregivers also learn more about the needs of young people at different life stages and how to put in place practical, positive parenting skills. You will have 2 counsellors working with you – one with the young person, and one with the parent/caregiver.
The sessions focus on supporting you to:
- – Identify and work towards some positive goals
- – improve communication skills and relationships
- – grow self-esteem and self-confidence
- – deal with any issues of bullying and abuse
- – Identify triggers to anger and stress
- – Develop skills to manage feelings and anger.
- – Use tools such as safety plans and conflict resolution strategies
Te Manawa Services receives many referrals to this programme from schools, parents, other social service agencies.
Contact us on 06 323 8330 or email email@example.com